We’ve built a Google Analytics segment. A custom segment, which weeds out referral/ghost/bot spam. The way it works is: every time one of the sites that uses this segment, gets hit by a potentially bad referrer, we check out the referrer to see if bad, and either white or blacklist referring site. The result being, a blacklist that gets updated hourly. When applied it will quickly and instantly cleans historical and future spam.
Learn about how we did it, and download your free Google Analytics cleansing segment.
The last time we spoke blogged, I told you why I thought doorway pages were nothing like local landing pages. If you missed it, check this out before continuing. It’s true, a well built local lander cannot be grouped together the doorway pages of this world. But what about those crappy, thin, mostly duplicate landers? Don’t hide, I look at the sites you send me! Yes, they could be better. A lot fucking better in some cases. Why do I care? Because I am worried about you, and I want you to succeed.
Overwhelmingly, no. If you pay attention to the updates coming down the pipe, then you know there is a looming Google update that is targeting “Doorway Pages” and I know when I heard about it, I was a bit spooked. I did the research though, and I am no longer fussing, and hopefully nor should you. Here’s what you ought to know, but first, the definition right from the horses mouth…
- The Best White Label SEO Tools for Marketers and Agencies April 18, 2019
- How Google SSL Requirements Impact Your Website’s SEO April 12, 2019
- How To Contact Google My Business Support Online & By Phone April 12, 2019
- Loganix-mas is Here With Deals on Citations & Guest Post Links, Plus Prizes! December 9, 2018
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday SEO Deals Are Back! November 22, 2018